The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Thursday 11 June 2015

Famous Pipe Smokers: Special Edition

Today I'm going to talk about someone who was famous for being one of the greatest pop culture badasses of all time.  

He also smoked a pipe, but you know what?  Even though I could show pics of him smoking pipes on the set of Lord of the Rings, or as Sherlock Holmes, etc., I'm going to show this pic instead:


Because even though it's a cigar, I think it captures the man better than any pipe picture I've seen.

Sir Christopher Lee was a real-life secret agent who hunted down nazis for fun, and a fake global supervillain, vampire count, genius detective, mad pagan, Jedi master turned Sith, and of course Saruman.  Plus, a real-life heavy metal musician in his 80s.

His long-term enjoyment of cigars and pipes undoubtedly must have been responsible for his death at the tragically young age of 93.

Goodbye, Sir Christopher.  I can only hope I get as many years as you did of doing what I love and smoking what I like.


RPGPundit

Currently Smoking:  Stanwell Deluxe + Image Latakia

8 comments:

  1. I can't be sad about him dying. He lived a fuller, more interesting life than almost anyone in history. I could only hope to do even a quarter of what he accomplished.

    RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO28CudHUtE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, is this of some relevance?

      Delete
    2. You betcha. It's a great funeral tune.

      Delete
    3. I would think posting to some of Lee's own Heavy Metal music might have been more apropos. I don't think this soft stuff is something he'd have liked to go out by.

      Delete
    4. Just between you and yours truly, Sir Lee was too big of a person to be defined by simple folk like us (no offense intended). Were he to see people's reaction to his departure he'd probably say something along the lines of "...how quaint..."

      So in the end, it's up to us how we choose to mourn him, methinks...

      Delete