The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Friday 12 September 2014

Magic is Hard to Write About, Plus: Standard Pundit Patronage Plea

Hey all, only a short note today as I'm very busy working on the chapter on "Spells and Miracles" for Albion.

I don't know what it is, or why it is, but it's definitely ironic that one of the things I (of all people) always seem to have challenge writing about when I'm doing RPG-designing is the "magic" section.  It was one of the toughest parts of writing Arrows of Indra (and FtA!, and even the sorcery-powers in Lords of Olympus was tough); and here in Albion all I'm doing is a chapter where I suggest what kind of modifications should be done to a standard OSR-ruleset to fit the flavor of Albion as a setting (plus some stuff on magic items, and summoning), and even this comparatively simple task has been one of the slower-moving sections of writing the damn book!

Anyways, while I'm talking about my woes and lamentations, let me spare a minute to make the standard monthly reminder: if you like this blog, appreciate the articles, like the detailed game reviews, the series on 'real magick in rpgs', the occasional posts about Uruguay, the various other rants, the game reports for DCC and my other games, etc., or likewise if you like my advocacy and defense of regular roleplaying and regular gamers, or even if you only love to be outraged by my antics, then please consider clicking on that Paypal button to your right and giving this blog some of your patronage!
Your support will only encourage me.
Thanks.

RPGPundit

Currently Smoking: Lorenzetti Solitario Horn + Gawith's Navy Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment